Noida Park gets Green Signal

Supreme Court’s Green Bench said that the project site of the Noida park is not on forest land, thereby giving a go-ahead to resume construction.

On Friday, the Green Bench of Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia and Justices Aftab Alam and K S Radhakrishnan, said that the ‘pucca’ construction and the landscaping of the park should not exceed 25 per cent of the site area. And, for the remaining 75 per cent of the land, there should be trees on 50 per cent of the land and the rest should be covered with grass. Also, adequate measures should be taken to maintain ecological balance.

The apex court had last year halted construction in the park citing the violation of environmental norms and its proximity to the Okhla bird sanctuary.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.